- Assist with monitoring yard activities such as gate moves, weighbridge activities, traffic flow, bulk and bagged cargo offloading, including stuffing and stripping of containers.
- Liaise with shipping lines for allocation of empties to bookings.
- Liaise with 3rd party depots with allocation and release of empties.
- Ensure System is always updated.
- Avoid any detention charges.
- Plan empty and full container stacks.
- Ensure bi-monthly physical stock takes are conducted and all containers accounted for.
- Ensure all empty units weighed and placed for next day packing.
- Monitor daily vessel berth plan and update relevant ETA’s and stack dates.
- Monitor, evaluate and continuously improve on operational procedures and efficiencies.
- Provide daily reports for client communication and daily planning.
- Ensure packing process kept on track to meet required deadlines
Behaviour & Personal Competences
- Good communication and Co-operation skills;
- Results orientated with delivery capabilities and good time management skills;
- Levels of responsibility;
- Hard worker, with levels of energy, dedication and self-motivation;
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and Managers;
- Available to purpose personal development of skills and acknowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role;
Background & Tecnhical Competences
- Academic Background : Degree in Port Management preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Product ( Word; Excel)
- Age (minimum/maximum) : 20-40;
- Language English and Portuguese: Good level of language, both written and spoken
- Time availability
- 1-2 years practical work experience in Depots and Warehouses
- Night Shift Operations : Monday to Saturday/Sunday from 19h00 till 05h00