Outline of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administer all shipping lines containers.
- Ensure availability of empty equipment to cover export bookings.
- Coordinate container requirements with customer services, yard department & shipping lines.
- Comunicate with 3rd party depots with regards to allocation and release of empties.
- Monitor and control empty cross-haul to/from port as per shipping line/customer services requirements.
- Administer equipment to avoid detention and demurrage charges and all other releated costs.
- Plan empty and full container stacks or specialised unit stacks as per clients requirements.
- Administer physical stock takes and ensure all containers are accounted for.
- Provide list of containers to shipping line to be linked as per requirements.
- Allocate empty units to the yard team, too weigh and place for packing.
- Ensure the operational system is updated correctly for all Release/Booking Orders and relevant documents uploaded.
- Coordinate staff requirements with the Yard Manager, for machiner operators and machines.
- Comply with HSES standards, rules and regulations and promote safe practices and behaviour to prevent harm or injury to people, company property and the environment.
- Academic Background: Relevant educational qualifications and training
- Experience required (minimum): 7 years practical work experience in Container Depots and Logistics.
- Good experience in dealing with Shipping Lines.
- IT knowledge: Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products (excel; word; outlook);
- Knowledge of Container Depot software products
- Others: Language - Fluent in English and Portuguese;
- Time availability.