The Security Supervisor assumes the responsibility for coordinates and supervises the Security Guards Team, ensuring that company property is protected as well as the company assets and its employees in any kinds of situations, including theft.
The Security Supervisor has the overall responsibility for monitoring and protecting company property against all kind of criminal activity, reducing theft and ensuring that no person will cause any damages within or on the company premises.
The Security Supervisor reports to the HR/ADMIN Coordinator.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
Outline of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the security team work, delegating and splitting the tasks to ensure that the department works effectively and efficiently;
- Supervise and ensure daily rounds at all the work stations;
- Draft and deliver with notice to HR Department the Vacation Plan, ensuring at all times that enough resources are allocated to the guard shift services, especially during the peak season;
- Plan and reorganize the team for the different workstations, proposing rearrangements on the shift system whenever necessary;
- Report cases of absences, non compliance with assigned tasks, any drunk or disorderly or any other improper behavior and theft, in order to ensure that disciplinary actions/disciplinary process will take place;
- Supervise and ensure all guards are monitoring the flow of people and employees, control all access points and ensure all visitors are registered and assisted;
- Supervise and ensure all guards are controlling the entry, exit and movement of any vehicle on the company premises: entry of trucks (main and second gate), passenger vehicles (main gate) and organize cars and trucks to enable safe parking in the company yard and premises and ensure physical records are kept updated;
- Supervise and patrol the premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure all entry points are secure including windows and gates;
- Ensure and supervise that the premises are kept clean and assist with ensuring good health, safety and hygienic practices are followed, including ensuring all persons are using ablution facilities correctly and any troublemakers are reported;
- Supervise and ensure your team is enable to support and assist with any emergencies and ensure no violence and physical conflicts occur;
- Supervise and ensure your team monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of all employees and visitors to protect against theft and ensure that the security of the premises and the assets within the premises are maintained;
- Supervise and report in writing to the HR Department all daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrences noted during shifts;
- Supervise your team to ensure they inform and communicate to all employees about the security and safety rules, procedures and policies and report immediately any infractions of it, using the force whenever necessary to ensure the safety of all and retain normality;
- Supervise and ensure you are available at all times to work flexible hours and your team are able to rotate to the several workstations under a Guard responsibility, such as company premises, company residences and company projects properties, doing all required jobs and showing initiative on keep company properties safe, secure and clean;
- Supervise and ensure all documents are delivered and kept on file every time any equipment and/or spares are transported from the workshop and yard to outside the company;
- Perform other tasks as may be required by the HR/ADMIN Coordinator and/or the General Manager.
Soft Skills - Behaviors / Personal Competences:
The employee is expected to demonstrate the following behaviors at all times
- Good leadership skills, with firm and assertive approach;
- Good communication skills;
- Good judgment and good people orientation;
- Empathy and Team Work skills;
- Details orientation (accuracy and quality when registering information/reports);
- High levels of self-motivation;
- Good attendance and punctuality;
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Conflict management ability;
- Pro-active with initiative and flexibility when implementing company rules and policies
Hard Skills - Background / Technical Competences:
- Academic Background: compulsory education;
- Experience required (minimum/maximum): 5-10 years, in private companies (transports companies is preferable) as a leader or supervisor;
- Time availability (availability to work in shifts, day or night);
- Basic knowledge of Public Safety and Security;
- Others: good eyesight and visual awareness of surroundings.
- Regular working hours at IBLTS for guard departments as Work Direction approved work schedule.